- Chair: Maarten van der Sanden, researcher and university professor Science Communication Delft University of Technology
- Members: Frank Nuijens, Giovanni Stijnen, Justine van den Berg, Marianne Heselmans, Anne Dijkstra, Marloes van Amerongen, Inès van Arkel, Janneke Visser and Roy Meijer
- Goal: to work on innovation in science communication through workshops, cases and student activities. And: learn how science communicators can (learn to) innovate in their work. Special focus on: effectiveness of science communication.
- Targets: clear vision of the future of science communication, develop tools for science communicators.
- Contact: Roy Meijer firstname.lastname@example.org
Parliament & Science
- Chair: Ineke Boneschansker, board member SciCom NL and communication manager Faculty of Aerospace Engineering TU Delft
- Members Jelle Maas, Hilje Papma, Nathalie Eimers, Ronald Smallenburg en Bastiaan Verweij, in collaboration with the PA Academie
- Goal: give science communication a better view on the differences between science communication and political/policy communication and work on building bridges between the two worlds.
- Targets: organise debates, smaller sessions where science communicators and politicians and policy makers talk about specific topics.
- Contact: Ineke Boneschansker email@example.com
We would also like to set up local SciCom NL networks or socalled hubs. Our goal is to establish a network in every university city in which members (scientists, communication advisers, journalists, lecturers, museum staff, interested public, etc.) can come together and help each other to raise the quality of science communication in the Netherlands. Want to start a local network? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discussion list [SciComNL]
Members are automatically subscribed to the closed discussion list [SciComNL]. All of our internal association messages will be sent via this list. Our general news will be made available via our website, Twitter, Facebook and our LinkedIn group.
As a member you can participate (for a reduced fee) in SciCom NL activities such as excursions, workshops, network events and the annual symposium on Science Communication during which our AGM is also held. You could also get involved in one of the workgroups that will focus on a specific area of science and technology communication. We are open to your ideas. So if you have a suggestion for a workgroup then please let us know!