SciCom NL – For everyone with a story about science
SciCom NL is an association for anyone who:
- actively communicates about science and technology;
- wants to promote and advance communication about science and technology;
- is a scientist, journalist, press officer, communication advisor, science centre employee, lecturer, student, exhibition developer, programme maker, illustrator, teacher, writer, publisher, or is in any other way involved in science communication.
SciCom NL wants to:
- Be a strong partner, for example with the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science, in determining future science and technology communication policy;
- Exchange and develop knowledge, experiences and expertise;
- Organise activities that contribute to the development of knowledge and expertise such as lectures, congresses, excursions and training courses;
- Commission research into the impact of science and technology communication.
Board SciCom NL
- Annette ter Haar, Chair of the Board
Co-founder of ScienceOnline Leiden, museum innovator, science fan & bottom up urbanist
- Ineke Boneschansker, Secretary
General Manager Communication, Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology
- Roy Meijer, Treasurer
Science Information Officer Delft University of Technology and board member Platform Wetenschapscommunicatie (focus area Wetenschapper2.0)
- Eva Teuling, General Boad Member
Science Communicator at Infoversum and ScienceLinX, University of Groningen
- Joost Bakker, General Board Member
Owner, director of SciComVisuals
- Maarten-Harm Verburg, General Board Member
Student Science Education and Communication at Utrecht University
We are open to constructive suggestions and encourage you to become actively involved in our activities.
And if you would like to become a member then please click here.